(Warning: Video contains profanity)
A Sunday evening house fire in the Fairhaven neighborhood was caused by unattended incense, according to Fairfax Fire and Rescue.
No residents or firefighters were injured in the blaze, which was called in around 7:30 p.m. The house, located in the 2500 block of Belleview Avenue (see map), sustained approximately $37,500 in damage, according to the fire department.
One resident was displaced, and Red Cross assistance was declined, the fire department reported.
The fire, which was visible from Richmond Highway, started in a second floor bedroom. Large flames can be seen in videos taken of the incident, but firefighters were able to get the blaze under control quickly, according to the fire department.
A person inside the house smelled smoke and called 911. The home had smoke alarms which activated after the call was made, according to the fire department.