Four arrested in connection with North Hill murder

Three mugshots of victims
Armando Dagoberto Reyes Reyes, Cesar Antonio Ochoa Carillo and Dorteo E. Diaz Martinez.

The FCPD announced Wednesday that three men and a juvenile have been arrested in connection with the murder of a juvenile whose body was found buried in the North Hill woods in May.

Armando Dagoberto Reyes Reyes, 27, is the only one of the four facing murder charges in the killing, which police say is gang-related. He was charged with murder and abduction on July 2 after initially fleeing to Florida, police said.

Cesar Antonio Ochoa Carillo, 20, and Doroteo E. Diaz Martinez, 20, are charged with unlawful disposal of a dead body. The juvenile in the case is charged with gang participation.

The three men, who police say are from the Alexandria section of Fairfax County, are being held without bond at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center. The juvenile is being held at the Fairfax County Juvenile Detention Center.

Police working at North Hill
Police officers are seen during the search for a body in the North Hill woods in May. (FCPD image)

Police began searching for a body in North Hill, a 33-acre wooded area located along Richmond Highway between the Cherry Arms Apartments and Dart Drive, on May 22. On May 23 they exhumed the body of the juvenile murder victim.

The identity of the murder victim has remained unknown because a Virginia law passed in 2017 that prevents law enforcement from publicly naming juvenile victims of crime without first obtaining parental consent. In this case, police say they were not able to obtain consent.

Police have not said how the youth was murdered.

Ochoa Carillo was arrested May 22 and Diaz Martinez was arrested May 23, according to court records. Reyes Reyes was arrested on July 1. It is unclear when the juvenile was arrested.

Police said they did not release information about the arrests earlier “in order to maintain the integrity of the investigation” and to avoid jeopardizing leads in the case. Reyes Reyes and the juvenile had both fled to Florida, according to police.

“We worked closely with members of the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, the Broward County Sheriff’s Office and the United States Marshals Task Force to apprehend these suspects,” the police said in a press release. “Upon their arrest, detectives were following new leads and feared prematurely releasing information would inhibit their ability to effectively investigate the case to its entirety.”

The case remains active, and the circumstances of the murder are still under investigation, police said.

One Response