Supervisor Dan Strock is seen at last year’s Mount Vernon Town Meeting. (Dan Storck image)
Supervisor Dan Storck will be hosting the 31st Annual Mount Vernon Town Meeting this Saturday at Mount Vernon High School.
The Exhibit Hall will open at 7:45 a.m., and the main program will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the auditorium. Speakers at the event include Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairman Sharon Bulova, County Executive Bryan Hill, Mount Vernon District School Board Member Karen Corbett Sanders, and FCPS Superintendent Scott Brabrand.
Hill, who took over as county executive on Jan. 2, will be making his first appearance at the town meeting. Braband, who began as superintendent last summer, will also be making his first appearance.
More than 75 exhibitors will be on hand, this year’s main program will again include a “virtual flying tour” of the district hosted by Strock.
More information about the meeting can be found on Storks’s website.
The full schedule for the meeting:
- 7:45-9:25 Exhibit Hall
- 9:30-10:10 Welcome, Introductions and Special Presentations presented by Storck
- 10:10-10:20 County Priorities with Chairman Sharon Bulova
- 10:20-10:30 Welcome Fairfax County’s New County Executive Bryan Hill
- 10:30-10:40 Question and Answer Session (written questions from audience)
- 10:40-11:00 Welcome Scott Brabrand and Mount Vernon Schools Update by Karen Corbett Sanders
- 11:00-11:15 Question and Answer Session (written questions from audience)
- 11:15-11:50 District Virtual Tour
- 11:50-12:00 Final Remarks
- 12:00-12:30 Final Question and Answer Session