Speakers at the Economic Outlook include (clockwise from top left): Dr. Gerald L. Gordon, Dr. Ann Battle Macheras, Frank Nothaft, Dr. Terry Clower and Robert Stalzer.
The Mount Vernon-Lee Chamber of Commerce and Southeastern Fairfax Development Corporation (SFDC) will be hosting the 2017 Economic Outlook Summit next week, and discounted early bird registration will soon end.
The Economic Outlook Summit is an annual event put together by the Chamber and SFDC to highlight development, government and housing trends in the local economy. Speakers with expertise on economic issues in the D.C. Metro area and Fairfax County will talk about what the Richmond Highway area can expect in the coming year.
The lineup of speakers includes:
- Dr. Terry Clower, Center for Regional Analysis, George Mason University
- Dr. Frank Nothaft, Chief Economic with CoreLogic and formerly with Fannie Mae
- Dr. Gerald L. Gordon, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Robert Stalzer, Fairfax County Deputy Executive
- Dr. Ann Battle Macheras, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The event will be held at the Belle Haven Country Club (see map) from 8 a.m. to noon. Exhibits and a buffet breakfast open at 8 a.m., and the program will start at 9.
Tickets for the summit are $35 per person until April 1, when the price goes up to $45.
You can register online at the Chamber of Commerce website, or can call them at 703-360-6925.