One adult and three children were displaced by a fire in the Sequoyah community early Saturday morning, according to the Fairfax Fire and Rescue Department.
No residents or firefighters were injured in the fire, which was called into 911 around 3:35 a.m. by a resident of the condominium unit in the 3800 block of Miramonte Place (see map).
The fire was accidental in nature, and started by an arc in the wiring of bathroom ceiling fan, according to the fire department. Firefighters discovered the fire in the bathroom ceiling when they arrived.
The house did have smoke alarms, but the residents were alerted to the fire by the smell of smoke prior to the alarms going off, according to the fire department.
The four residents are receiving Red Cross assistance.
The fire department estimates the damage from the blaze to be $37,500.