To get an event added to the calendar, please email email@example.com. Commercial events or events that charge admission must pay $5 to be listed.
- This event has passed.
Reduced Cost Rabies Clinic
April 29 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
From Mount Vernon District: Rabies is a deadly virus spread through saliva, and most often transmitted through bites by an infected animal. There is no cure for rabies. You can protect your pet against this virus by having them vaccinated against rabies, and Virginia state law and Fairfax County ordinances requires that dogs and cats four months of age and older be vaccinated against rabies.
REDUCE YOUR RISK OF EXPOSURE TO THE RABIES VIRUS.
- Get your pets vaccinated against rabies, and keep current on their revaccinations.
- Stay away from wildlife, and keep children and pets away from wildlife.
- Always walk your dogs on a leash to keep them from running after wildlife.
- Deter wildlife from coming into your yard by eliminating possible food sources and keeping trash can lids tightly closed.
- Do not keep wild animals as pets!
- Report any strange behavior by wildlife or any bites by wildlife to the Animal Protection Police by calling 703-691-2131.
- If you are bitten by a wild animal or stray dog or cat, wash the wound immediately, seek medical attention, and report the incident to Animal Protection Police by calling 703-691-2131.