Rose Hill-area garage fire caused by overloaded electrical outlet

Ivanhoe Lane fire

A firetruck from the Franconia Volunteer Fire Department is seen in front of a home in the 4100 block of Ivanhoe Lane.

A Monday night fire in the Rose Hill area was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue announced Thursday.

Firefighters were called to the home in the 4100 block of Ivanhoe Lane (see map) shortly before midnight. Residents at the house had already worked to contain the fire, which started in the one-story home’s garage, by using a fire extinguisher and garden hose. When firefighters arrived they quickly extinguished the blaze, according to the release.

No injuries were reported, and the resulting damage to the house is estimated to be around $12,000.

The house had one smoke detector, and it didn’t go off, according to the release. The fire department said they installed two more before leaving.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.